My Review On Lowrance Hook 5 Chirp
The Lowrance Hook 5 is a fish finder which is more upgraded version of the Elite-5 HDI. Combining the benefits of CHIRP Sonar and DownScan Imaging technology, it gives you a complete and clear view of the environment under water. Featuring crystal clear 5-inch screen with sharp 800×480 resolutions through which you can view the traditional SONAR, DownScan SONAR, and GPS charts easily. It contains increased sonar sensitivity, extremely good target separation, and higher noise rejection, making it more reliable and easy to use.
Moreover, it offers extensive color spectrum for its display providing a picture of much better quality. It has one of the most highly accurate, built-in GPS antennas, which is loaded with a detailed map of the US featuring more than 3000 lakes and rivers and also coastal contours to 1000 feet. One of the most important facts about the HOOK-5 unit is that it is a lot cheaper than the previous versions. Without a doubt it is exactly what you need and the most reliable and easy to use fish finder/chart plotter you will ever find.
Key Features Lowrance Hook 5 Chirp
- As stated before it has high resolution, and color display.
- Chirp Sonar plus downscan imaging the power of today’s leading fishfinder technologies are combined to give a complete and clear view of the environment beneath the water.
- The Quick key allows the user to zoom up to four times the standard view and helps to focus on key fishing areas.
- To identify the fish targets, the unit uses Fish ID, which displays fish icons instead of fish arches.
- It contains highly accurate, built-in GPS antenna with detailed US map featuring more than 3000 lakes, rivers and coastal contours to 1000 feet.
- It features an NMEA 0183 port, a card reader with one microSD card slot regarding connectivity.
- The Advanced Signal Processing is used to filter out the unwanted noise, such as water conditions, boat pumps, the engine ignition systems and others.
- There are optional Americas chart upgrades which include Lake Insight and Nautic Insight Pro and HD, navionics hotmaps premium and fishing hotspots Pro.
- The global chart upgrade option contains navionics+ and Jeppesen c-map max n.
- The convenient Page selector menu allows quick access to all the features of the unit with one-thumb operation.
Pros of Hook 5 fish Finder
- 5-inch screen
- The Lowarance Hook 5 chirp has powerful 2D CHIRP Sonar
- Downscan imaging for crystal clear view
- Sharp, 800×480 resolution
- 16-bit color TFT
- Feature to combine both DownScan and 2D
- Sonar Recording
- Multi-Window Display
- Page selector with 1-thumb operation
- GPS Alarms
- Accurate and fast GPS
- Easy to install
- Comes with a one year warranty
- The base map of this unit offers minimal detail
- It may take a while to learn how to use it and install.
- No unit cover available
If you are looking for a best fish finder or chart plotter unit with CHIRP, down view sonar, and accurate GPS then Lowrance Hook 5 is something you should invest in.